When most depressed patients seek help, they always choose medication first, taking a bunch of drugs with complicated names, such as Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI, representative drugs: Fluoxetine, Paroxetine, Sertraline, Fluvoxamine, Citalopram and Escitalopram ), SNRI (representative drugs: Venlafaxine and Duloxetine), NaSSA (representative drugs: Mirtazapine), etc. I have to admit that taking these medicines can indeed suppress painful emotions, but these medicines suppress not only painful emotions, but also joyful emotions.
Think about it. Should psychological problems be solved through psychological methods? Hypnosis is the most effective treatment for depression. Depression can be cured very quickly as long as the correct method is mastered. Hypnotherapy is a process in which patients explore their own hearts and communicate with their subconscious minds. We don’t care why the patient’s mind or consciousness thinks they have depression, because what the mind and consciousness think is probably not the real cause of the problem, and only the subconscious mind really knows what the cause of the problem is.
Hypnotherapy as a way to change the patient’s mind and cognition, can gradually relieve the symptoms of psychological depression. As is known to all, depression can develop into a mental illness that can seriously affect the life and work of patients if not properly handled. In many methods of treating psychological depression, hypnotherapy is gradually accepted and recognized by the public.
1. The principles of hypnotherapy for depression:
Psychologists use hypnotherapy for psychological depression treatment, can be carried out anytime and anywhere, help us to analyze and manage their own emotions, especially can alleviate the bad mood of depression patients. Some people often say, “I know it’s wrong, but I can’t help it!” In fact, this uncontrollable self is the subconscious mind. Psychological experts believe that only by establishing a good relationship of unity and communication with the subconscious mind can his mind and body be balanced and develop in a beneficial way. Hypnosis is an important way to find the subconscious self.
2. Content of hypnotherapy for depression:
During hypnosis, the patient will go through the process of closing eyes, turning off the lights, and playing music, and then the psychologist slowly says, “You should relax, your hands should be very heavy, your feet should be very heavy, and your shoulders should be very heavy.” The purpose of this practice is to allow beneficial alpha brain waves to appear in place of harmful beta brain waves. Through hypnosis, people will become very quiet and peaceful, and their mood will be relaxed, so as to achieve the effect of relieving depressive symptoms.
3. Use hypnotherapy to treat depression:
(1) Vent feelings: Depressed states of mind are mostly in a negative state. In a hypnotic state, let them vent and adjust their emotions.
(2) Method of imagination: Experience the situation, self mental imagination, and reveal the cause of depression.
(3) Concept of correction: In the hypnotic state where the patient’s psychological defense mechanism and mental set do not work, the false beliefs deeply rooted in the patient’s subconscious can be eradicated, and the amnesia method of erasing memory can be used to eliminate their false beliefs. Input new and correct ideas into the patient’s subconscious.
4. Indication of hypnotherapy for the treatment of depression:
Whether a patient with depression can enter a hypnotic state quickly and be well treated in a hypnotic state requires the patient to possess two psychological characteristics that are different from ordinary people:
1. Depressed patients who receive hypnotherapy should basically have a normal or high IQ, so that they can have a strong comprehension.
2. Depressed patients who are easy to be hypnotized should have the characteristics of easy to accept things and feel delicate, so that they can accept the suggestion is also relatively high.
In hypnotherapy, all problems have a cause, and a mentally healthy person does not suddenly become depressed for no reason. They must have been through something that created negative thoughts. Negative thoughts bring negative emotions such as negativity, anxiety, sadness, depression and so on. Depression is the uncontrolled negative emotions, and these negative emotions “affirm” the negative thoughts are “correct”. Negative thoughts are often hidden from the conscious mind, so they continue to influence your mood undetected, just like sinking deeper into a morass.