If you are looking for a rewarding yet out of the track career, you may want to choose to become a hypnotist. Walking into the mind and thoughts of an individual is as interesting as it is rewarding as well. Becoming a hypnotist is not a very big challenge and does not require long courses to be undergone. There are many certification programs that will offer you the tag of a certified hypnotist and will open gates of employment for you at various hypnotherapy clinics.
What matters the most in becoming a hypnotist is a set of personal skills, without which one will not be a good hypnotist. Here is a list of the essential skills that are required to become a hypnotist.
(1) Have a clear mind – As a hypnotist, your mind cannot be bogged down with too many thoughts and ideas. You need to master the skill of clearing off the mind and keep it completely empty as you sit for hypnotic session with a subject.
(2) Eye contact – You need to maintain a constant eye contact with the subject while you take him down the hypnotic staircase. You would need the skill to be able to look at someone without blinking for several minutes.
(3) Soothing voice – Your voice has to be very soothing, calm and low. You would need to be able to talk very softly and slowly with the subjects while you try to hypnotize them.
(4) Read body language – You would need to have an eye to read the breathing pattern and body language of the subject to understand the rate at which he is entering the hypnotic trance.
(5) Signal recognition – As a hypnotist you need to be very strong at recognizing the signals as in when your subject in entering into a hypnotic trance.
(6) Read emotional triggers – As a hypnotist, you need to be very swift in identifying the different emotional triggers from the subject and tap them there.
(7) Rapport developing skills – You would be required to build a strong relation with the sub-conscious mind of the subject, hence your rapport building skills have to be very good, so that the trust factor gets built in strongly.